Please note the following in regards to Admissions for September 2019:
- Applications for Grade 9 September 2019 are due by Nov. 24th 2018. All applications received by this date will be contacted to write the Entrance Test.
- Admissions for Grades 10-12 will be determined in early May pending space availability.
Please contact the Admissions Liason at 905-272-4303 ext 300 for further inquiries.
FAQ's for International Applicants
- Does ISNA High School accept international students?
- Yes, we accept international students.
- We do not assist with Student visas until the student is accepted in the school. We will then issue an Acceptance Letter which can be used to obtain a visa, but we do not get involved in any other way. Applicants must arrange their own visas.
- Do international students pay different tuition fees?
- International students pay the same fees as residents.
- Is ISNA High School a boarding school?
- No, we are not a boarding school.
- We do not assist with living arrangements and cannot provide contacts or recommendations for living accommodations.
- Do parents have to be living in the country with the student?
- No, as long as the student has a legal guardian here in the city.
- Do you have transportation or carpooling?
- The school bus service operates independently from the school and only in the Mississauga area. All arrangements and payments must be made through the bus company. We do not assist with carpooling arrangements.
- Do you provide Financial Assistance?
- We do not provide subsidy for international students. Financial Assistance is limited and the priority is given to local families.
- Can an international applicant write the Entrance Test overseas with a proctor?
- No. Entrance Tests can only be written in person in our office.
- What is the deadline for international applications?
- Applicants must be tested and interviewed by July 15th to qualify for September admissions.
- What are the criteria for admissions?
- 75% report card average in English, Math, and Science
- 70% passing mark on the Entrance Test
- Interview with the Principal
- Do you have ESL classes?
- We do not have ESL classes and cannot provide tutoring for students who need ESL help.
- How are credits / courses transferred to the Ontario system?
- After admissions is granted, the student will sit for a credit assessment with the Guidance Counsellor.
- Do you have an IB Program?
- We do not have an IB Program.
- How does the Waiting List work?
- Admissions is merit-based, although priority will be given to ISNA Elementary School students and siblings of current students.
- Submitting an application to the Waiting List does not guarantee admissions.
- How can I guarantee or hold a spot for admissions.
- Spots cannot be held or guaranteed ahead of time. Each applicant must go through the complete admissions process.
- I am moving to Canada specifically for ISNA High School - can you open additional seats for admissions?
- Our class sizes are limited and we cannot open additional spots.